HW: Y2K

Andy.Gilham Andy.Gilham at BTINTERNET.COM
Tue Nov 30 06:46:54 EST 1999

News of Steve Swindells' new project...

-- Andy

<<Hi there

Steve Swindells here.  I played with Hawkwind 20 years ago (the Hawklords
period) and wrote 'Shot Down In The Night' for the band. It was a very
interesting period of my life - especially the unique bond that developed
between myself and Robert Calvert - he was an amazing person (bet you didn't
know that we actually got as far as rehearsals on his musical project
'Hype', in which he'd asked me to take the lead role.  Then I got double
pneumonia.  The project collapsed. Oh well, fate is strange).

I thought you might be interested in the fact that I'm releasing a 'single'
on the net called 'Y2K', by Swindells & Biz, on www.mpreal.com.  It should
be up there by Dec 1st and is available either as an MP3 download or on CD.

I actually wrote Y2K with Hawkwind in mind, having been asked if I'd  like
to be a part the 30th anniversary concerts.

Currently, it looks like March at the Brixton Academy (I'm told).  Who
knows?

But Y2K itself is less than a month away, so I present my humble version
online.

Spread the word

The word is good

It's written in stone