BOC: Joe Bouchard's Basses

John A. Swartz jswartz at MITRE.ORG
Tue Nov 30 08:26:57 EST 1999

Joe recently posted this on AOL - I found it interesting as Joe is one
of my bassplaying inspirations, and I figured a few equipment freaks
like Theo might enjoy... ;-)

John

<From_Joe_Bouchard>

On the first five BOC albums I played my black Fender Precision bass.
Nothing fancy just a stock model from 1970 where I changed the knobs,
tuning
gears and added a Badass bridge.

In 77 I got an Alembic Bass, long scale, which is the bass on the studio
version of Godzilla.  It was a very big instrument, so eventually Donald
convinced me to get a Music Man Stingray Bass.  That one I played on
Burning
for You and other recordings.

Amps_ honestly I can't remember them all.  I remember high school
friends
from the early days asking me about my amps and what they cost.  All I
could
say is I didn't have a clue what they cost.  I guess that's part of
living
the "rockstar" life.  The roadies just set them up every night and I'd
plug
in and play.

I still have all my basses except for the Alembic which is owned by a
friend.
 He refuses to sell it back to me.  Someday you may see it encased in
glass
in a museum.

</From_Joe_Bouchard>