HW:Recent v Old/Poll

Clemens clemens at TRAIL.COM
Tue Nov 30 14:57:08 EST 1999

> 1.  How old are you?
42

> 2.  How old were you when you first heard Hawkwind?
14

> 3.  What was the 1st HW album you heard?
In Search of Space.  After hearing Master of the Universe on AM radio(thanks to B. Mitchell Reed-before he graduated to KMET)...the rest is history

> 4.  Was that the one that "Hooked-You"?
Yup; but that one, Doremi Fasol Latido, and Space Ritual I mentally group as a trilogy.  Seeing them perform the Space Ritual was one of  the defining moments in this droid's life.  When Hall of the Mountain Grill came out with and seeing the crashed ship I got concerned and after Astounding Sounds, Amazing Music I was worried that they left space for terra, complete with girlie chorus (kerb crawler.)  It took a couple of decades before I could appreciate the latter two releases.

> And I'd like to add another two, 5: what is your favorite HW album now?
Space Ritual and Warrior on the Edge of Time

> and 6: what HW album do you play the most?
Doremi or Warrior, perhaps

--Mark Licht