HW Reunion / OFF: Deep Purple - Royal Albert Hall

Bolts of Ungodly Vision js3619 at WIZVAX.NET
Fri Oct 1 21:44:12 EDT 1999

At 05:17 PM 10/1/99 +0100, you wrote:
>Well deep-purple.com may be gushing, but it is the 'official' site.  I
>refrained from posting a review on my return because I found the whole
>thing extremely tedious.  Steve Morse & band played a couple of numbers,
>Ronnie James Dio sang 2 songs from the loathsome "Butterfly Ball", Ian
>Paice did a jazz set, Gillan got to wear  a stupid gold lame suit, and yes,
>after a brief Purple set, the ensemble reconvened for "Smoke.."

A Gold lame suit?? I'd sue for ticket and travel and emotional damage.
Needless to have dio there.. DP should still be able to hold their now
without pointless guests or bad gimmicks.

What a shame.

Itching for that musick that is NEW (and Bevis Frond 10/19),
Jason