Imaginos/Half Life Time (lay off the IM!)

Sprawl sprawl at BBOARD.COM
Tue Oct 5 10:25:33 EDT 1999

Agreed.  Another vote to quit slagging the maiden.

Why even compare them to BOC? Yes, there are guitars and other instruments
in both bands, and both tend to drift into morbid areas or the macabre in
general.
Any similarity stops there.

And to call them kiddie metal is just silly.  Why, because they have a
mascot?  A gimmick?
Oh wow, that's certainly strange for a metal group...

IM does not "toss in lofty quotes" and masquerade as intelectuals
(meaningless word, that.)
The lyrics are carefully arranged, and do quite well at telling whole yarns
in short, simple verse.

BOC is one of my top all-time favorite bands...  but the lyrics are often
pointless and disjointed.

Look at Blackblade...   this song is good, but it is completely laughable as
an interpretation of
Elric's tale.  Like watching a western with soundtrack by Jane's Addiction.

At lease IM put -some- effort into capturing the flavor if Frank Herbert's
"Dune."

As for Lips...   What the hell is that all about anyway?  I have always
considered that to be a "filler" song...
the one ya always skip over when trying to turn someone onto the band.