Imaginos/Half Life Time (lay off the IM!)

Ted Jackson jr. s2h2 tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Tue Oct 5 13:25:09 EDT 1999

> From:          Sprawl <sprawl at BBOARD.COM>

> Agreed.  Another vote to quit slagging the maiden.
>
> Why even compare them to BOC? Yes, there are guitars and other instruments
> in both bands, and both tend to drift into morbid areas or the macabre in
> general.
> Any similarity stops there.

Except that BOC always had plenty of humor mixed in...

> IM does not "toss in lofty quotes" and masquerade as intelectuals
> (meaningless word, that.)
> The lyrics are carefully arranged, and do quite well at telling whole yarns
> in short, simple verse.

Or invoking imagery that will appeal to adolescents of all ages...

> BOC is one of my top all-time favorite bands...  but the lyrics are often
> pointless and disjointed.

Right!  How do they get by with drivel like WotT, FT, Astronomy,
BtK[aR],TMC...No quality control to speak of...

> As for Lips...   What the hell is that all about anyway?  I have always
> considered that to be a "filler" song...
> the one ya always skip over when trying to turn someone onto the band.

Haven't seen the band lately then?  One of their best live tunes,
IMHO...

theo