BOC: Lyric discussions

Ted Jackson jr. s2h2 tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Tue Oct 5 13:31:47 EDT 1999

> From:          DASLUD at AOL.COM

> In a message dated 10/5/99 8:43:14 AM, jswartz at MITRE.ORG writes:
>
> << I do know, of course, that the
> first few Led Zeppelin albums had a very heavy blues slant to them.>>
> ====
> oh i'm such a bastard...
> "very heavy blues slant" is a polite way of saying  they were absolutely the
> biggest =thieves= of all time, as borne out by royalties subsequently being
> paid to willie dixon. etc.
> and then there's always randy california's "taurus" off the first spirit
> lp....say no more.

You are so right!  Rolling Stones being perhaps the biggest thieves
of all time--and the least talented.  Pains me to say it, but ZZ Top
are plagiarizing bastards too.  Weren't they the band that Willie
Dixon sued?  I always figured that had something to do with the
absence of a ZZT boxed set...

theo