Imaginos/Half Life Time (lay off the IM!)

Sprawl sprawl at BBOARD.COM
Tue Oct 5 17:23:30 EDT 1999

THEO:
>>Except that BOC always had plenty of humor mixed in...

True, and that is great, if you seek humor.

>>Or invoking imagery that will appeal to adolescents of all ages...

Again, true.  But that is pretty much the point of all sci-fi, fantasy, and
horror.
And metal too.  IMO, there is very damned little in the universe of rock
that
-should- be taken seriously.  I just thought it was funny to see someone who
is
such an avid fan of the band who brought us such songs as "Godzilla," and
"Let Go," point at another (totally dis-similar) band and call them
juvenile.

Lot's of musicians have pointed back at their own work, called it all a
joke.
Like a painter pointing to his work and saying- "That old doodle?  I was
just
messin' about."

>Right!  How do they get by with drivel like WotT, FT, Astronomy,
>BtK[aR],TMC...No quality control to speak of...

Your words, not mine...

>>Haven't seen the band lately then?  One of their best live tunes,
>>IMHO...

Nope, not really.  Last time was around 1989-1990.
I have seen them a total of nine times, and two of those were the same show
twice in a row (same night) at a Great Adventure gig in Missouri.  I don't
recall
ever hearing them do this live, but in the days when I was going to
concerts, I
was usually too high to know what was being played anyway...

See my message to Jon, I explain what I meant a bit better there..
RJ

theo