OFF: BOC/IM from bob mayo

Goran Janicijevic jgoran at TELEBOT.COM
Tue Oct 5 20:42:35 EDT 1999

DASLUD at AOL.COM wrote in <25ea3ea2.252b9cdc at aol.com>:

>one obvious similarity missed in this conversation is that martin birch
>produced maiden's 'killers' (and their 1st 10 lps) and boc's 'cultasaurus'
>lp, both of which were compared earlier. i wouldn't compare boc and maiden on

Yes! Now I remember why the hell I would compare those two albums in
my youth. Birch, the hard lovin' man!

>any other level than that. certainly not lyrically.
>on that score, i've always thought that boc had a lot in common with cheap
>trick, beleive it or not, in their knack for operating successfully in a
>genre while simultaneously poking fun at it (boc: metal / cheap trick: pop
>rock). anyone who takes boc's 'leather/red and black/ww2 conspiracy etc etc.'
>stuff 100% seriously should listen to maiden (who've always been dead serious
>about their stuff) instead. one has to look for the 'wink' (perhaps in boc's

Right you are (Mayo). That's why Maiden are naively pretentious! They
took themselves too seriously: Something very lethal in the world of
r'n'r. That's why they can't make an album like Imaginos. Not to
mention Spectres or FOUO.

And Paul thinks I'm some bigot. ;-)

BTW, I wonder (Larry) why your AOL mailer sends the forwarded message
from that Mayo guy twice.
--
Goran