OFF: Camera Obscura tour review (Finally)

Doug Pearson ceres at SIRIUS.COM
Wed Oct 6 00:19:12 EDT 1999

Thanks for the kind words and fine reviews, Keith!  (and - hello I'm back -
to everyone else)

It was a great experience to play 11 or 12 shows around the northeast with
two excellent bands - I cannot praise Overhang Party highly enough, both as
musicians and fine human beings.  We met a lot of great people, and it was
comforting to see a few familiar faces along the way.  Thanks especially to -
Dan Witt, for recording the show in Minneapolis with Skye Klad (great!)
Bob Lennon, for videotaping the Insidious Spectacle despite a flooded home
Jim Lascko & Scott for the lightshow at Cleveland - mind-blowing!
The musical high point for me probably had to be Grant Richter of F/i
playing EMS Synthi with Primordial Undermind for our cover of F/i's "From
Poppy With Love", although it was a great privilege to play with Overhang
Party in Jersey City/WFMU, Easthampton MA, and California.  And to jam with
the guys from Salamander, too.
It's good to be back, but I'm very tired (even though I've been back a few
days).  I'm looking forward to hearing reports of next month's Hawkwind
shows, and - the First Internet Bank of Hawkwind is again open for
business, so anyone in the UK who wants to buy stuff in US$dollars, get in
touch with Mike Holmes and myself.  One final word - if you ever book a
tour for your band or another, take my advice and DON'T schedule 14 nights
of performances in a row.  Trust me.

        -Doug
         ceres at sirius.com