OFF: Black Sabbath??? (Was OFF: Blues music, etc..)

Horse Whisperer beautiful_foot at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu Oct 7 05:20:47 EDT 1999

>From: "Sen. Volstead" <antisol at SOFTHOME.NET>
>
>Sabbath Bloody Sabbath has a generic, satanic picture on the cover. And
>what is the actual song "Sabbath Bloody Sabbath"?
>A lame, commercialized attempt to point out obvious flaws >in Christianity,
>that's what it is!

Just hold it right there mate!
Black Sabbath created some of the finest music (guitar or otherwise) ever
known on this earth, SBS included.

Yes their lyrics weren't the most intellectually adept (how can this even be
a criteria?), but I'd be very interested to know how "commercialized"
applies here, whether to the music, the packaging or the words.

ee gads man, context, context....

Chris.