de=da=duh=D'OH/ bloooooze and thievery

DASLUD at AOL.COM DASLUD at AOL.COM
Thu Oct 7 19:15:21 EDT 1999

In a message dated 10/7/99 5:10:00 PM, cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK writes:

<<
I emphasize that I'm not discussing whether Zeppelin did with the blues
songs they ripped off was legally or morally correct, I'm simply suggesting
that it was probably pretty similar to the sorts of things pre-recording
blues performers did all the time. I think it's an interesting example of
how our society's views have changed.
=========
no! it's not any kinda matter of societal evolution! why are you giving these
guys the least benefit of the doubt?!
pre-recording era blues performers woulda been happy to add to their
repitoire at any opportunity, no doubt. but zeppelin stole. and profited from
it. jeez carl, you insult those guys by the comparison. why didnt every last
one of zeppelin's peers do the same? because zeppelin were the most audacious
about it. and=they=knew=it.
this was not any sort of gesture with the anthropological analogues over time
that you're saying it is. zeppelin stole other people's songs and took credit
for them.
there are =absolutely= anthropological analogues shot through this topic, but
in this case, zeppelin stole.
enough already.
"<>"