OFF: BOC/IM from bob mayo

Sen. Volstead antisol at SOFTHOME.NET
Fri Oct 8 00:38:49 EDT 1999

Ted Jackson jr. s2h2 wrote:

> > From:          rich-l <rich-l at GEOCITIES.COM>
>
> > Sorry...  I think I misheard that...
> >
> > "Iron Maiden have always been dead serious about their stuff"..?!!!  And
> > here's me thinking Americans had no sense of irony.  :-)
> >
> Don't worry, we don't!
>
> theo

It's really true! Most people didn't even have the word in their vocabulary
until that terrible song hit the charts.
    Now it's encountered everywhere in our news/entertainment media, though no
one even really knows what the word itself means! It's just sort of stylish
and witty now to call an unfortunate circumstance or incident "ironic".

hate hate hate hate