bloooooze and thievery

Andrew A. Apold mordru at FLITE.NET
Fri Oct 8 09:10:34 EDT 1999

>That's one thing I'll say about Blue Oyster Cult. . .
>
>While you can find all kinds of different musical styles, and many
>traces of musical influence here and there, there aren't more than a
>handful of Cult tunes that you can really pin down and accuse of
>ripping off anything else.
>
>When describing BOC to the uninitiated, I've always said they're one
>of the most original rock and roll bands EVER.

Heh, that's 'cause Albert was really good at disguising his stuff <g>....

I mean, we know about Del Rio's Song/Tambourine Man...

The Goldmine article told of an example of him playing something
and then asking Don what he thought and Don replying it was taken
from something else, or something like that.  If I remember it right.

Seriously, though, I do agree, it's just that I thought it a little
ironic given the way that article made it sound....

"I was corrupt before I had power!" - Random