Freevibe.com

Chris Baxley chris_baxley at SONYMUSIC.COM
Fri Oct 8 13:25:05 EDT 1999

Theo wrote:
>Certainly headed for legalization in Vancouver, and once that happens
will Seattle and Portland be far behind?  All it would take is one
state to do it, and they'll all go for it.

Take heart.  Here in Oregon, possesion of < an oz.  has long been a small
offence, like a traffic ticket.
A couple of years ago some redneck Republicans in the State Legislature
passed a bill recriminalizing
small amounts, with possible jail terms, etc.  A bunch of people gathered
signatures for a referendum to
overturn the legislation, and it passed by a comfortable margin,
effectively jamming the bill down the bastards'
throats.

That was a great election for personal freedom in general.  In addition to
the above, the voters approved
use of medicinal marijuana (as have several other states) and
physician-assisted suicide.  Of course
both of these are currently under attack by puritanical busybodies at the
State and Federal levels.

In the end, truth and consistency will prevail.

Chris

P.S.  Bevis Frond tonite in a free show at U of Oregon, for anyone around
here.

"Save me from the people who would save me from myself"
     - Gang of 4

"Ain't nobody gonna tell me what to do, STEPCHILD!"
     - Gibby the Butt

Disclaimer: I speak only for myself.