de=da=duh=D'OH/ belize and schoonery

DASLUD at AOL.COM DASLUD at AOL.COM
Fri Oct 8 16:27:28 EDT 1999

In a message dated 10/8/99 12:02:35 PM, cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK writes:

<< I am noting the parallels between their taking
material from a song composed by another and recomposing it to some extent,
and the way traditional musicians (in various cultures) commonly work. Such
a process is currently in our society illegal and viewed as immoral unless
one give appropriate credit to the owner of the copyright (assuming there
is one). That's legal and moral issue, and is not connected with the
process of using pre-existing material itself. I'm interested only in
observation of the process, not in judging it by one set of standards or
another. >>
========
well, there are <<better>> examples of those parallels than led zeppelin.
witness "louie louie".
it's just-just-...your parallel seems to suggest guilelessness on their part,
as if they were "common traditional musicians". and they werent.
my only problem w/this socio-cultural parallel is your choice of ledzep.,
contemporary music as a product in demand notwithstanding.

consider grabbing up some "nuggets"-type '60s rock and roll compilation lp's;
 i could tape you some i have, probably before your kids start high school.
^_~. what your parallel suggests thrives here.