OFF: subsequent maiden/ozzy comments

DASLUD at AOL.COM DASLUD at AOL.COM
Fri Oct 8 16:41:33 EDT 1999

take it away, bob m.

=====
re: irony maiden
maybe it's too late for me to 'tweak' my original statement (iron
maiden...always took their stuff 100% seriously...) but what i meant to say
was:
compared to boc/ cheap trick, iron maiden are not what i'd call lyrically
'fun/ironic, etc.' in the same sense of the two aforementioned bands. where
is their 'joan crawford'? their 'marshall plan'? sure they had some
throw-away joke b-sides, but in the main body of their recorded work, they
remain extremely straight-faced.
(all in the name of a good time, natch. i'm not completely missing the boat
here.)
bobm

ps: ozzy is a talentless moron who has had the good furtune to surround
himself with talented people: writers/players/management etc for his entire
career. geezer wrote all of the lyrics for sabbath; bob daisley wrote them on
the first 4 solo lps (he left the band in an under-publicized hufff when he
stopped getting publishing $$$ for his work). outside wrtiters have been
'helping' (including the grammy nominated lemmy) . randy rhoads' death and
the video-80's helped establish him to a new generation of fans; at least his
popularity has finally led to sabbath getting the credit they deserve as an
important band in rock music and perhaps the most important band in heavy
metal.

RMayo19761 at AOL.COM