OS: MOTORHEAD COVER VERSIONS

Zeitgeist stuarthamilton at CONNECTFREE.CO.UK
Sat Oct 9 07:07:40 EDT 1999

The new issue of Classic Rock has the Top 30 cover versions (as voted by
reader).

At No 9 is "Louie Louie" and at No 26 "Motorhead".

For your info the Top 10 was

Rosalie - Thin Lizzy
All Along The Watchtower - Jimi Hendrix
With A Little Help From My Friends - Joe Cocker
Hard To Handle - The Black Crowes
Ain't No Love In The Heart Of The City - Whitesnake (the original will be
played at my funeral)
Come Together - Aerosmith
Hush - Deep Purple
You Really Got Me - Van Halen
Louie Louie - Motorhead
Whiskey In The Jar - Metallica (shurely shome mishtake?)

Overall a reasonable issue, but next months trails King Crimson, Deep
Purple, Lemmy, Blue Oyster Cult and Ted Nugent!  they also mention the
rumour (which apparently has some credence) that Castle Donington will
return next year with Iron Maiden & Ted Nugent.

Blessings and peace from all at;
Zeitgeist - Reflections Of The Underground - e-zine and freezine
http://www.zeitgeist-scot.com  alternate url:
http://members.tripod.com/~zeitgeist_scot
PO Box 13499, Edinburgh EH6 8YL, UK
"The way I keep in touch with the world is very gingerly, because the world
touches too hard"  Don Van Vliet