OFF: Black Sabbath?

Sun Oct 10 20:46:28 EDT 1999

On Fri, 8 Oct 1999, Doug Pearson wrote:

> >Digusting, isn't it? :) But I'm all in favour of putting my artistic
> >integrity on the back burner so that I actually have a chance to wield it
> >more effectively in the future.
> >
> >Mind you, not many artists seem to follow quite that plan ....
>
> I can't think of very many - how about Gary Ramon of Sun Dial?  A great
> indie debut, followed by one mediocre and one crappy album on a major label
> subsidiary (Beggars Banquet), followed by more great indie albums.

        Though I hate to do this in a thread with such a title: Blur.
Two medium-grade pop albums, two total catch-the-kiddies ones and then two
bloody odd ones once the money was in the bank. The self-titled in
particular is a damn sight more psychedelic than e.g. PT's latest and
Zappa would have been pleased to observe its "lack of commercial
potential"... Yours,
                     Jon

ObCD: Omnia Opera - _Omnia Opera_