OFF: Lemmy radio programme/Last Laugh

Sun Oct 10 21:21:31 EDT 1999

On Sun, 10 Oct 1999, Kevin Perry wrote:

> There was: it was a serial on Radio 2 that was really, really bad - no, it
> wasn't an adaptation of TotH - that would have been (marginally - it's a
> lousy story, and as for Queens of Deleria...) better!  Lemmy was the really
> whingy character (if I recall rightly) who was the engineer.

        Well, my housemate has just mailed me to say that he remembered
the title, ("Journey Into Space") and with this had dug it up on the web,
and among other characters it features a Mitch Mitchell and Doc Matthews.
The other one was Jet Morgan and the whole thing was by a Charles Chilton.
He also claims it was 50s; can this be so? With both a Lemmy and a Mitch
in it? Did they both listen to it as boys or something? Is the famous
Lemmy-a-fiver story up the pipe or is it all the merest coincidence? Shall
I go to bed? Yes, perhaps I shall... Yours,
                                            Jon