bloooooze and thievery

DASLUD at AOL.COM DASLUD at AOL.COM
Tue Oct 12 12:13:54 EDT 1999

In a message dated 10/12/99 11:18:55 AM, mcintyre at PA.MSU.EDU writes:

<< > George Thorogood is the most obvious culprit.  Maybe Carl's right and
> you can't write any original blues songs, but I don't think George has ever
> tried.  I'm sure he credits all the people who wrote those songs, and money
> must certainly go back to the original songwriters (or their heirs), but why
> does he even exist in the first place?  He's added nothing to the rock/blues
> music library IMHO.

on the xistence of geo. thorogood:
heck if i know...heh...but he was on rounder records in the mid-70s, and
while obviously not a punk, he was on the raw and rockin' side, a rarity just
then.
 but enduring 20, 000 plays of his version of "who do you love" (from several
years later) would make anyone cranky, i reckon.
if he 'added' anything, it involved cleaving to his roots at a time when it
was boston and foreigner uber alles...

"<>"