OFF: Bevis Frond Live album

Brian Halligan bthalligan at EARTHLINK.NET
Tue Oct 12 17:50:25 EDT 1999

Paul said:
>I'm guessing it's a soundboard recording, which is a bit of a shame in a
>way, because they tend to rob recordings of the ambience ("warmth") that
>a good audience recording (or remixed recording truck recording) can
>impart.  So, this disc can sound a little "sparse" at times, which I'm
>sure isn't the case at the actual gig!

Is Nick's guitar loud enough in the mix?  That's all I'm worried about. ;-)

BTW- I had a good experience at the Rochester Frond gig I'd like to
mention.  I asked Ade for a copy of his new CD, "Head Cleaner," but he
didn't have any copies at the gig.  So he asked me "What do CD's go for
around here?"  I paid him in cash, and he told me to write to his e-mail
address and explain the situation to his son Aaron, who reads the mail and
would send me a copy.  I was a little skeptical, but it wasn't long after I
had written that I received the CD.  I would have complained on BOC-L if I
hadn't received it, so I thought it was fair play to praise as well.

Brian
obCD> "Head Cleaner" -Adrian Shaw