HW: New Releases

DASLUD at AOL.COM DASLUD at AOL.COM
Wed Oct 13 15:25:43 EDT 1999

In a message dated 10/13/99 2:12:52 PM, age.p at CONIFERSCLOSE.FREESERVE.CO.UK
writes:

<< I'll have a listen to the recordings later, but I've always reckoned it was

Si King from the Roundhouse, although i may well be wrong. He was using

Terry's drums on joining the band, as Si King didn't have a full kit at that

time. These were the drums later stolen under mysterious circumstances.>>

 =============
i was thinking about this matter after my posting yesterday, and specifically
in regards to "silver machine", considered the possibility that it was king
on ollis's kit. sure doesnt like king on that version of "born to go",
though. i too will have to check it out...

thanks for the clarification on "make what you can"; if correct, then it took
place on their first US tour...surprised that it came after "it's so easy",
in that case...still, no surprise that they dumped it.

there are, however, gigs w/ollis between greasy truckers and may or june
72...or else we tape traders have several misdated tapes...there's that one
gig where (presumably) ollis keeps stopping and/or is slow to kick in....

well, we'll see...mr. king was a measurable reason i became a musician
=koff=...i thought i'd know him upon hearing.

 and as for YOU, pearson...(grinning)^_~

"<>"