HW: dates and places

Wed Oct 13 16:34:57 EDT 1999

Jill wrote

> ack!   I've just spent hours in the Library tracking these down - and
> all I needed to do was read the mailing list.   Sigh.

Just a question of knowing the right people! :)  (Alternatively, you can
always look up phone numbers on http://www.bt.com/phonenetuk/)

> The Fairfield Hall in Park Lane, Croydon is very close to Croydon East
> station and not too far away from Croydon West either.   Croydon is
> situated in South London well outside the centre [for those who don't
> know!] and you will have to trust yourself to Thameslink or something
> similar if you go there by train since there's no underground that far
> out.   However there's a fairly comprehensive bus service by the looks
> of things as an alternative.

A longish ride on the number 68 bus from my place, or I suppose _in
extremis_ I could drive (but as Alexei Sayle said, "I think it's really,
really wrong to drink and drive.  So, I don't drive very much!")...
although I'm holding out for that Brixton date, because I can walk back from
that one!

--Andy