OFF: Bevis Frond Live album

Brian Halligan bthalligan at EARTHLINK.NET
Wed Oct 13 17:13:41 EDT 1999

Paul wrote:
>On Tue, 12 Oct 1999, Brian Halligan wrote:
>
>=> Is Nick's guitar loud enough in the mix?  That's all I'm worried about. ;-)
>
>Yes; most definitely.  No worries there... ;-)

Just played it on the big ol' stereo.  And now I've got a smile I can't get
rid of.

>There's a ripper version of "Stoned Train Driver," and the Arthur Lee
>cover is monster (never heard the original, though)...

Definately killer.  "Well Out of It" kicks too.  And I was happy to hear
the speedy version of "The Wind Blew All Around Me," because I didn't think
the original was worth playing live.  The only tunes that sound a little
out of balance to me are Song No. 2 and New River Head.  And that's a very
minor complaint, and really more the fault of the sound man, I suppose.

Gonna see Frond next Tuesday!
Brian