HW: dates and places

Chris Warburton desdinova at EARTHLING.NET
Thu Oct 14 16:28:59 EDT 1999

At 20:08 13.10.1999 +0100, jill wrote:

>The Fairfield Hall in Park Lane, Croydon is very close to Croydon East
>station and not too far away from Croydon West either.   Croydon is
>situated in South London well outside the centre [for those who don't
>know!] and you will have to trust yourself to Thameslink or something
>similar if you go there by train since there's no underground that far
>out.   However there's a fairly comprehensive bus service by the looks
>of things as an alternative.

Forget about trying to get to W.Croydon, for East Croydon there oare oodles
of trains from Victoria (Connex), more from Clapham Junction, and even
Kings Cross (Thameslink), AND you can get back in to London even in the
middle of the night, though the trains get sparser after about 1:00 a.m.

Croydon is also served by night buses to & from Trafalgar Square, but it's
quite a long bus ride - getting to Croydon you'll have to change bus in
Brixton (IIRC).

It would be so much easier if I was still living there!

ChrisW

"a cynic is a man who when he smells flowers looks around for a coffin" -
Bierce