OFF: Magma - last US chance?

Keith Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Thu Oct 14 12:08:11 EDT 1999

Hi Folks...

If I may indulge...

Magma is coming back to the US to do another show at the Knitting Factory in
NYC on Nov. 21st. (see www.knittingfactory.com for details).  This will
almost certainly be the last chance to see these guys!  I saw them at
Progfest this past May and thought their performance was the most amazing
thing I'd ever seen.

However, for those so-often ignored people in the south, there's a chance
you'll get a Magma show as well.  So, if you're interested in helping this
become a reality, then consider helping this guy out.  See below.

Note that he also mentions Chicago and SF, as if there are shows planned
there also.  I haven't seen any official word on this, and I'm wondering if
he's referring to the May tour, which was NYC, Chicago, SF, and LA only.

Keith H. (FAA)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Well now that this is out, i'll also announce a bit to which I alluded last
week.

Magma is tentatively scheduled to play in Columbia, SC on Friday, November 19,
however there is a _lot_ of work that needs to be done in order to pull this
off.  The guy arranging this concert has a few ties to the band and they _want_
to play here!!  We have the flight to get them here and back to NYC taken care
of, we just need to come up with the cash for the performance.  If _anyone_ in
the surrounding area- Charleston, Atlanta, Charlotte,
Raleigh/Winston-Salem/Chapel Hill- would like to see this come off we're going
to have to hurry.  The venue they will play is a nice one indeed.  It's a
converted warehouse with great acoustics and within walking distance of the
Adam's Mark Hotel.  There's also great resturants and other nightlife in the
same area, and it's located 15-20 minutes from the airport.  It's the chance of
a lifetime for those of us around here.

If you would like to get involved in this effort, get in touch with me at my
address below.  Remember, this is the LAST time Magma will be in the U.S., and
there are only 3 other cities they will play- NYC, San Francisco, and Chicago.
After this, Magma will be no more.  We Southerners have a chance to have them
in our backyard, but we've got to hurry!!

dgasque at aol.com