tBS: Piece of Work

Matthew Braun mbraun at URBANA.CSS.MOT.COM
Thu Oct 14 15:41:04 EDT 1999

Torgo Sedler <drtorgo at HOTMAIL.COM> writes:
>Anyone else get their copy of "Piece of Work"?
Yep.  It arrived Tuesday.  It succeeded in prying the MoFi remaster of "BOC
and Tyranny & Mutation" out of my player.  (A fantastic remaster, BTW.  For
the first time you can tell that the recordings really do have something
above 5kHz.)

>First impressions of it are damn good. It sounds much like Box of Hammers,
>with some wonky twists.
It's not like it's got a cover of "Marsupial Boy" on it, or anything, but
that's not a problem...

`Piece' is good, and getting better w/successive spins.  ("I deserve a candy
treat for getting through your ridiculous song twice."  You guys kill me.)

`Work' was amazing from the first listen.

Some old ground revisited, and a bunch of new territory claimed.  Lots of
good stuff on these two...  (So where's the `Of' disc? :-) )

                                        m@

ObCD: If you gotta ask, you haven't been paying attention...