IYA reconsidered

Ductor, Dan [NEUUS] DDUCTOR at NEUUS.JNJ.COM
Thu Oct 14 16:26:39 EDT 1999

I'm in full agreement!!!  IYA is a disc that keeps finding its way into my
cd player.  I felt the
Same way about Distant Horizons.    DH took a few listens, but after that, I
was hooked!!  .  In my opinion, the first 5-6 tracks are killer tracks.  I
for one like the direction HW is heading.....

LA Dan

        -----Original Message-----
        From:   flossbac [SMTP:flossbac at NLCI.COM]
        Sent:   Thursday, October 14, 1999 10:29 AM
        To:     Multiple recipients of list BOC-L
        Subject:        HW:  IYA reconsidered

        Recently I find that the album I keep listening to more than any
other
        is...."In Your Area!"  This is despite all the slagging the record
has
        received at various hands (including my own).  At some point it
really
        struck me how great this record is.....one of the most psychedelic
discs I
        own.....One of my favorite things on the live portion of the album
is all
        that great psychedelic feedback that Jerry Richards coaxes out of
his
        guitar.  The transitions between Love In Space and Aerospaceage
Inferno are
        really powerful, I think.  Those studio instrumentals on the second
half of
        the album are also pretty darn....well, psychedelic (to overuse a
word).
        This is a record that has really really grown on me a lot.  At first
listen,
        I thought it was the worst thing HW had done, but now I feel
embarrassed to
        have made that statement, because I love it!  I feel that Dave and
the band
        must be doubly commended for making yet another record that has
challenged
        the ears and the sensibilities of the listeners, keeping their sound
fresh!
        IYA rocks!
        John Majka
        flossbac at nlci.com