HW: Tour date misinformation

Keith Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Mon Oct 18 08:29:24 EDT 1999

HW said...

>Contrary to popular belief, Nik an Simon will not be playing at every gig.
>Harvey will be at them all, Nik & Simon will probably be at St Austell and
>Croyden as these have relatively large stages. There will not be guests on
>small stage gigs. It has never been official announced that Nik and Simon
>would be playing at all gigs...where did this information come from????

I imagine it came from the original announcement (below) from yourselves
that wasn't entirely clear on the matter.  (?)  If it says "These dates will
feature special guests" and then later someone hears that special guests are
to be Harvey, Nik, and Simon, well obviously some folks try to put two and
two together.  Now if you'd said "Some of these dates..." perhaps this
wouldn't have happened. :)

Anyway, this is bound to happen if people are anxious to know what's going
on and feel like there isn't enough communication happening from the 'in'
crowd.  Whether that's a fair assessment or not, I can't (won't) say.

Keith H. (FAA)

Hello Folks,
Hawkwind are playing some dates in November, which will include Norwich
Waterfront - 9th Nov., Waventon Stables - 10th Nov., St Austell Coliseum -
12th Nov., Croyden Fairfields Halls - 14th Nov. These dates will feature
"special guests".  The Brixton Acadamy dates are on hold pending
"negotiations" Call them and inquire! Yours Dave Brock