HW: Anthology/Sloterdijk/Bevis

Keith Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Tue Oct 19 11:59:02 EDT 1999

Hi Folks...

>For those in the Philly/NJ/NYC area, and are looking for something cool to
do >this weekend....

>Sloterdijk: to perform benefit concert inside the planetarium of The New
>Jersey State Museum.

Doh!!  Forgot to change the subject line from last message I sent to the list!

Keith H. (FAA)

P.S.  To add some new content to this message, I just wanna mention how cool
Bevis Frond is in concert.  I saw the show in Cleveland last Saturday and
was pleasantly surprised at how good they were (first time seeing them for
me).  I haven't been the biggest Frond Fan based on the four or five discs I
have, as the sound is way too garage-y for my tastes.  But with Ade Shaw on
bass, and Ric Gauthier (of Outskirts of Infinity w/ Bari Watts) on drums,
they really filled out the sound nicely and kicked it in gear.  And Nick's
voice is a lot better than how he comes across on the albums.  "Temple
Falls" and "Maybe" just rocked the house.  So how's that new Live in SF
album?  And where are they available?  (I forgot even to check the
'merchandising counter' for it, as I was trying to refrain from unnecessary
spending.)  But I imagine that that item is the thing to get for the full
band experience.  AS seems to have aged gracefully, hasn't he?  He seemed in
good spirits and plays a cool old Gibson bass (the one that resembles the
SG...I remember my college roommate had one of those, it seemed to weigh
about 200 lbs.), and sang backup pretty well also.