HW: Collectors Series queries

Chuck Rosenberg Chuckrecs at AOL.COM
Wed Oct 20 22:15:20 EDT 1999

 You know, today I'm listening to a great tape (thanks Chuck) of the 1989 US
 tour (Milwaukee in this case), and am re-realizing how fantastic a show this
 was!! Well, I didn't see the Milwaukee show, but I was at Toronto and
 Cleveland.  My goodness, what a phenomenal show...I remember hearing (after
 the postponement of the original dates) that Huwy had split just before
 coming over and being really disappointed, but as much as I would've loved
 to see HLL play with Hawkwind, I don't think this show would've been the
 same.  Since they probably had to drop a bunch of 80s material, things like
 Magnu, Down through the Night, and Damnation Alley appeared.  The only thing
 that would've made this show better was if Simon was there to fill in the
 empty void in tracks like Wind of Change.  Anyway, I just wanted to publicly
 state my sincere wish that the collectors series would someday grow to
 include a full-length version of the '89 US set.

---Are you sure this isn't the Minneapolis gig? That is a great one; I think
it was released as a CD bootleg a couple years ago, called "Damnation Alley",
though obviously, as it was a single disc, some of it had to be cut.

 I know, some of Palace
 Springs is derived from that same material (anybody know what show that was?
 San Fran?),

---At the Palace! In Hollywood. A little club, perfect place to see HW
(unfortunately in '89 I would've said "HawkWHO??" or "WHATwind??"

Chuck