HW: Collectors Series queries

Ductor, Dan [NEUUS] DDUCTOR at NEUUS.JNJ.COM
Thu Oct 21 11:40:34 EDT 1999

I was at the Palace show in Hollywood.  I just remember being right near the
stage, in between Dave Brock and
Alan Davey.  It was a great show!!  I just wish I had a video of the
performance. I guess the closest would be the Live Legends video.  I
remember standing in line, waiting to get into the Palace, and talking to
all these Hawkwind fans!!!  I felt like I knew them all for years!!!  It was
a magical moment for me.  After waiting all those many years, and finally
seeing
HW live.  Great!!!

Dan D.

        -----Original Message-----
        From:   Chuck Rosenberg [SMTP:Chuckrecs at AOL.COM]
        Sent:   Wednesday, October 20, 1999 7:15 PM
        To:     Multiple recipients of list BOC-L
        Subject:        Re: HW: Collectors Series queries

         You know, today I'm listening to a great tape (thanks Chuck) of the
1989 US
         tour (Milwaukee in this case), and am re-realizing how fantastic a
show this
         was!! Well, I didn't see the Milwaukee show, but I was at Toronto
and
         Cleveland.  My goodness, what a phenomenal show...I remember
hearing (after
         the postponement of the original dates) that Huwy had split just
before
         coming over and being really disappointed, but as much as I
would've loved
         to see HLL play with Hawkwind, I don't think this show would've
been the
         same.  Since they probably had to drop a bunch of 80s material,
things like
         Magnu, Down through the Night, and Damnation Alley appeared.  The
only thing
         that would've made this show better was if Simon was there to fill
in the
         empty void in tracks like Wind of Change.  Anyway, I just wanted to
publicly
         state my sincere wish that the collectors series would someday grow
         include a full-length version of the '89 US set.

        ---Are you sure this isn't the Minneapolis gig? That is a great one;
I think
        it was released as a CD bootleg a couple years ago, called
"Damnation Alley",
        though obviously, as it was a single disc, some of it had to be cut.

         I know, some of Palace
         Springs is derived from that same material (anybody know what show
that was?
         San Fran?),

        ---At the Palace! In Hollywood. A little club, perfect place to see
HW
        (unfortunately in '89 I would've said "HawkWHO??" or "WHATwind??"

        Chuck