HW:/OFF: Quarkstock 2K!!!

Keith Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Thu Oct 21 11:33:56 EDT 1999

Hi Folks...

Paul's given me the ok to get the early word out...

For all of you people who want an indoor space rock festival to complement
Strange Daze, make your reservations for Memorial Day weekend (5/27-28) in
Columbus, OH now!  The local Quarkspace crew is hard at work organizing
Quarkstock 2000, a two-day indoor spacerock festival Sat.-Sun. 6 PM - ?,
with some sort of merchandising/convention function in the afternoon.
Perhaps at a nearby hotel, where we hope to arrange a block of rooms at a
discount.

The venue (Ruby Tuesday's) is unfortunately a little small...will hold 200
at most, but the most obvious (and larger) club (Little Bros.) turned it
down, for reasons like 'What happens if bands don't show up, like that
European band.' Speaking of Tribe of Cro, of course.  Damn, I knew that was
going to cause problems!!!  (Last Crohinga Well *I'm* ever going to
purchase!  Nah, I don't hold *that* much of a grudge.)  But anyway, it will
certainly mean that bands aren't playing to an empty house!!

OK, so who's on the bill...

So far, it appears that the following have agreed...

Dark Aether Project
French TV (not really spacerock, but still a cool quirky prog band!)
Escapade
Alien Planetscapes
quarkspace
Born to Go

and perhaps
Tombstone Valentine
Architectural Metaphor

and obviously, lights provided by the Solar Fire Lightshow!!

I will certainly flood you with updates whenever things become more certain,
as we here at Aural Innovations will certainly be doing our part as local hosts.

I think with Orion failing to occur this year, we really need to add
something like this.  Hopefully, you'll all come out to bucolic Ohio and
support this event so Paul could book a bigger venue for 2001.

Space on brothers and sisters...Keith H. (FAA)

P.S.  Remember, Columbus is a *very* cheap city to fly in and out of,
especially if you book early.  I've gotten to SF and back for under $200
from here.