HW: New releases: Question for band

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Fri Oct 22 11:34:20 EDT 1999

I've been told that they'll be delayed "at leasta  couple of weeks"
beyond the end of October.

The tracklist for the double Live '79 looks promising. Silver Machine is
in there, hopefully the full version shich was rather nice that year.
Also PXR5 which was excellent, and New Jerusalem.

I'd have hoped that Blake's "Waiting For Nati" would be in there too as
another of the missing songs which didn't make it to CD (see Notes).

On the Greasy Truckers album there is of course Master of the Universe
and Born To Go. Also included is "Jam" and "Improvisation". If "Jam" is
the same track that follows the Greasy Truckers material on the Weird
tapes then there's a mystery. I found this identical (though slowed
down) to the "Seeing It As You Really Are" piece preceding Silver
Machine on Roadhawks (and why hasn't Roadhawks ever made it to CD?).
This was allegedly the encore on the Space Ritual set rather than part
of Greasy Truckers. Maybe someone from the band who has either a very
long memory or a very indexed tape collection could clear this up for us
trainspotters who keep the Codex up to date?

The Glastonbury '89 set (why oh why did I give up and go to bed that
night?) looks like the full set too.

FoFP