OFF: Dark Sun.

Henrik Hallgren henrik at SUNDSVALL.MAIL.TELIA.COM
Mon Oct 25 13:03:42 EDT 1999

Hi there!

At last some news from Finland, land of great rockmusic and spirits.  A few days ago I received Dark Suns´s new promo cd called "Electric dreams". It´s a two track cd with the the following tracklist: Electrified - 6.13 and Dream circuit - 9.17. What we got here is music that once again are taking a new and exciting direction. I have always thought that they have been something extra, from the first demo until their debut cd "Feed your mind" which was brilliant. It was a crossing between many styles without losing the love for space/psych music. This promo is a natural progress into a more developed style, performed by skillful musicians,  although with their feets still in the space dust. This time with a touch of Tangerine dream and Hawkwind circa 1976. If they manage to do a follow up to "Feed your mind" with tracks like this they surely are heading to the stars. So please, any serious label, give them a contract soon or...

There´s also rumours of a new tape from Juba´s Pseudo Sun later this year.

And the new Alan Davey "Sci-fi delic" cd is relesed in November according to the label.

Cheers

Henrik