HW: New releases: Question for band

Bernhard Pospiech bernhard.pospiech at HOME.INS.DE
Tue Oct 26 14:50:51 EDT 1999

Hi Larry, hello folks

At 1st I'd like to know how long your version of MAKE WHAT YOU CAN (MWYC) is ?
The version I have is about 7 minutes long. I know that there exist a much
shorter version. So I hope we are talking about this "full version"

All track from the 1st side of the Weird 106 tape are from the Roundhouse
gig (13.02.72).

The JAM is nothing else than a part from the complete BORN TO GO track
which appears on the Weird tape cutted.

You can find the "full" version of BORN TO GO on the Greasy Truckers Party LP.

The following tracks from The Roundhouse (13.02.72) gig are known:

- Master Of The Universe (Greasy Truckers Party LP)
- Born To Go (Greasy Truckers Party LP)
- Make What You Can (Weird tape 106)
- Silver Machine (Glastonbury Fayre LP)
- Welcome (Glastonbury Fayre LP)

I am still very sure that MWYC and SILVER MACHINE (from Roundhouse) are
from the very same gig.

Just play the end of the GLASTONBURY FAYRE SilverMachine-version after the
MWYC 7 minutes version from the WEIR tape and you'll notice that the end of
MWYC and the beginning of SM are ABSOLUTE identical.
And yes, the drum playing is the same, the style is the same

We are still waiting for Dave....

Bernhard