an observation/BOC tribute?

Nick English nick at THECAMPUS.COM
Wed Oct 27 00:21:06 EDT 1999

> I was thinking the other day that BOC is probably the band most in need of a
> good tribute CD.

That would be a tough call for me -- never been interested in buying
a tribute album before, but a BOC might be interested, as long as
SONY doesn't get to pick the track listing.

On a somewhat related note, I finally got around to hearing
Metallica's version of "Astronomy", and I thought it was great! Don't
get me wrong, I have never been anywhere near being a Metallica fan,
never bought anything by them, etc. But I really felt they did it
with a lot of love, admiration and respect, and it's hard to muck it
up when you've got those things. Ditto for their versions of "Whiskey
in the Jar" and "Tuesday's Gone". In the liner notes, it says that
bass player Jason Newstead saw BOC live more than any other band in
the mid-70s, mainly because they TOURED more than any other band.

--  Nick