spacerock/psych webradio

DASLUD at AOL.COM DASLUD at AOL.COM
Wed Oct 27 07:57:00 EDT 1999

In a message dated 10/27/99 5:49:17 AM, ketil.svendsen at FISKAREN.NHST.NO
writes:

<<
oh, and a question: does anyone know the reason why the "space is deep"
version on "british
tribal music" has a different mix than any version anywhere else (that i can
remember)? ...the
sax is way more up front etc..imho the definite version.... where/what was
this version/mix
meant for, since i can only find it on BTM?

===============
well, on this one i'm winging it all the way, as i dont own BTM...
but on that castle 'the hawkwind collection' double set, purchased by me a
decade or so ago, there's a live version of "space is deep" which sounds much
like, but IS NOT, the same one appearing on "a space ritual".
my conjecture was that it came from the clump of material which later
appeared on "ridicule/space ritual 2". as turner was involved in that
material seeing the light of day, perhaps that would xplain the sax being up
in the mix.

but unlike certain recent brouhaha's, i'm guessing all the way...

"<>"