an observation from a rookie

Bill Bradley senator at UGCS.CALTECH.EDU
Wed Oct 27 08:42:55 EDT 1999

> i always thought that this boc-hawkwind combo was skinny; sci-fi lyrics? is
> that it? a rather tenuous thread to hang a newsgroup on, yes? i signed up
> because i love both bands, but i haven't seen a boc-related posting since my
> addition to the list!

        Actually it was originally an "Imaginative Rock" group covering
BOC/HW/Black Sabbath, Prog Rock, etc (back in the late 80s when you could
have a board topic like that and still get <30 messages a day).  It just
got narrowed to the two main groups based on the list members' (and
Steve Swann's) preferences.

> i've enjoyed each and every posting i've received and am looking for my 'in'
> to join in the fray, but: come on boc'ers! where are ye lads! perhaps
> re-naming the group is a valid move after all!?! heck, i'd join both.
> rmayo

        Welcome aboard!
        Bill (list member since '89...hard to beleive it's ten years...)