BOC: an observation/BOC tribute?

Richard Lockwood rich-l at GEOCITIES.COM
Wed Oct 27 09:34:10 EDT 1999

----- > Check the latest version of the FAQ for info on a "BOC tribute" of
sorts
> - it is not a proper tribute in the usual sense (which I think would be
> a cool idea - even if they were just able to release a CD of already
> existing BOC covers, like Metallica's "Astronomy" -- I've heard a few
> and some are kinda cool).  But, the acoustic trio "Too Hip For the Room"
> has released a CD entitled "Don't Fear the Remake", which I haven't
> heard yet, but is basically all BOC covers.  Buck, Eric, Danny Miranda,
> as well as a few BOC friends and relations also contribute to the
> project.  The FAQ has a mailing address, but I know the email address
> off the top of my head if you want more info:
>
> Zurna at aol.com
>

> > Considering how awful most of them are, maybe that is a scary
> > idea.
>
> If one was done, I would prefer it if it was not done by mostly obscure
> artists that no one has ever heard of.  I think the Black Sabbath
> tribute done a few years ago ("Nativity in Black") was a very cool album
> (I even got a special promotional issue of this which includes 2 CDs -
> the second one is the tribute album, and the first one is the original
> Black Sabbath recordings of the songs on the tribute album - very cool).

So long as it has The Bridewell Taxis version, the Mutton Birds version, and
the Camper Van Beethoven version of ...Reaper on it, I'll buy it.

:-)

Cheers,

R.

(There was someone who I promised to send the Bridewell Taxis version to,
about four years ago, and I never did.  Sorry.  I couldn't find the tape.
And I still can't.  I *do* look occasionally..!)