HW: Greasy Tracks, Meat, Trains and Tibet

Thu Oct 28 19:18:02 EDT 1999

At 22.54 +0100 99-10-28, Adrian Parr wrote:
>A few weeks before that near Paddington, i also heard someone from the rail
>industry saying trains were safe.

Yup, right after the report that revealed trains were missing signals left
and right. In London at the time, I figured there'd be a disaster by NYE. I
had too much faith. :(  Is it my imagination, or has British rail service
fallen apart since privatisation?

On the other hand, Amtrak trains are so slow there could be a head-on
collision and the passengers wouldn't even *know*, let alone be endangered

Cheers,
Carl

--
Carl Edlund Anderson