OFF : Re: Gluecifer/norwegian bands (and NO ref. to hawkwind!

gingoblin at EASYNET.CO.UK gingoblin at EASYNET.CO.UK
Fri Oct 29 09:09:30 EDT 1999

Turbonegro are without doubt the greatest Norwegian band! Well, they *were*
until they split.   A great mix of Motorhead, Dictators, Ramones, Poison
Idea, Stooges... and all dressed up in brand new denim too :)

Dave

>right on  :-)   ...we've got a large variety of terrible bands in norway -
most notably the *yawn/sigh* black-metal-church-burnin'-rabbit-sacrifying
bands... but we've - at least - got 1 great band, that i think you folks
should check out, namely motorpsycho (NOT the us band of the
>same name, mind u) ...loooong jams, droning riffs and swooping electronic
noises ..shall we say a cross between hawkwind (they used to play half hour
jams on "shouldn't do that" in between songs), sonic youth and the who?
...well, that was slightly off topic, but i think i deserved the