BOC: an observation/BOC tribute?

Bolts of Ungodly Vision js3619 at WIZVAX.NET
Fri Oct 29 18:39:50 EDT 1999

At 10:10 PM 10/29/99 +0100, you wrote:

>>I know this was Albert's impression, but I disagree.  His playing
>
>Ahem, not Meltzer's?

>From the discussion on the Meltzer "review" of a BOC show he went to a
while back (in the 90's):
>Meltzer's ear for music is obviously affected by his personal issues
>with the band.  While BOC fans all over acknowledge how much better of a
>guitar player Buck has become over the years, Meltzer writes "Buck's
>playing was identical to what it was in '76..."  Give me a break!
[Albert wrote:]
He was always a good picker. I can't hear much difference either.

On the related issue of the Joe Bouchard teaching vid, has anyone  ever
seen a copy of his guitar instruction book?

Back to Buck, what i always  enjoyed about his guitar soloing style was
that it  had  this neat lil' country shred feel in the early BOC work.
Round Mirrors (The Vigil esp.) and moreso on Cultosaurus, the "spiderlike"
Buck solo seemed to appear in my ear.  I don't  know... I know that The
guitar solo on "stairway to the stars" on live 1976 woulv'de  been Awesome
except for one  attempt at a scale like thing after teh  chukBerry/blues
one-note hammering section (yeah, now that's musical  terminology).

Signed DC (a la Frond),
Jason