HW/NIK: "Hawxtar" CD

Chuck Rosenberg Chuckrecs at AOL.COM
Thu Sep 2 03:02:49 EDT 1999

Hi. It's taken me a while to get around to this note. Two weeks ago in San
Diego I found the "Hawxtar" CD at a shop called Off the Record (if you ever
happen to be in the area, don't miss it). This was perhaps one of the rarest
finds I've ever had--it seems to be the bootleg that Henrik made (or at least
he wrote the liner notes) or one of the other Hawkswedes made in '97 from
Nik's appearance w/Darxtar in '95. I was so chuffed I almost peed my pants.
The label says #38/100. Did one of you people dump it off there? It would
seem doubtful. Anyway, somehow it got there. Problem is, the CD itself is
defective; the first few tracks come through okay, then it goes insane. I was
wondering if maybe Henrik, Joe or someone could make me a CD-R of the
recording, sort of as a prize for having found this gem. :) And of course it
would be prime stuff for me to air on my show (especially since it's now
accessible on the Web, right?? ahem! Has anyone tried it yet? Remember it's
Sat 7-9 PST...)

Chuck