HW: Tower records / chart stickers etc

Dave Berry daveb at TARDIS.ED.AC.UK
Thu Sep 2 16:08:22 EDT 1999

At 13:33 02/09/99 , Zeitgeist wrote:
>Well now, I was in the pub the other day with a friend of mine who is a
>freelance music journo.  He handed over a copy of Select (a magazine I have
>never read) to point out the good reviews of the reissues, and the 4*
>review of the Epoch set.

Woah, this is excellent news!  I assume you mean the recent re-issues, not
the EMI ones?

>the following day he was at an illegal rave
>in Streatham where he suddenly realised that the "half hour of weird shit
>he'd been freaking out to for several months" was in fact HW.

Do you know which track(s)?  I'd be fascinated to know.

>So when I go back down to London next week I'm under instructions to have
>several C90s worth of HW for him and his teenybopper friends to assimilate.

How in space are you going to choose what to put on there?

I once did a set of tapes for a friend where I picked one track from each
official album, which worked quite well.  I think I included two tracks
from some albums (e.g. Assault and Battery/The Golden Void).

Another approach might be an ambient tape, a blanga tape, a metal tape, and
a pyschedelic tape (or something along those lines).  Or of course just
pick the tracks that you like most.

Dave.