HW: Guardian review

chris bates c.d.bates at SHU.AC.UK
Mon Sep 6 07:38:30 EDT 1999

"Ted Jackson jr. s2h2" <tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU> writes:

Andy G wrote:

> > Today's Guardian newspaper has a good review of epoch-eclipse - you can find
> > it on-line in the Friday review section from www.guardian.co.uk.
> >
> > Sample comment on Lemmy's departure: "fired over drugs; like sacking Beckham
> > for playing football."

And Theo Followed up with:

> This is a GREAT review!  Only complaint is that it's too short...

Very positive in so far as it went. However as with so many reviews
of HW it came to the conclusion that 70s = good, 80s and 90s = not
so good. Which, whilst I guess it's the concensus here on BOC-L is
not something I agree with.

I think EMI are doing a great job of promoting epoch-eclipse. Apart
from all of the reviews there are plenty of adverts too. The Guardian
had ads for 2 record shops (MVC and Andys I think) which both showed
it amongst their albums of the week. This will have 2 effects: older
fans who'd stopped listening will be informed that the Hawks are still
flying and new fans will be attracted. Bloomin' marvellous!

--
Chris Bates
Lecturer: School of Computing and Management Sciences
c.d.bates at shu.ac.uk