Epoch Eclipse

Stephen Swann swann at PLUTONIA.COM
Fri Sep 10 08:43:13 EDT 1999

On Fri, Sep 10, 1999 at 01:01:34PM +0100, M Holmes wrote:
> I was doing this stuff for the Codex, and hence comparing 'em to the EMI
> remasters. I have to conclude that the sound on the Epoch CD's is way
> better than the sound on the Remasters.

In what way, Mike?  I've always felt a bit awkward trashing the sound
quality of the holy EMI remasters, but it sounds to me like they did
the audible equivalent of using soft-focus photography to hide the
skin problems on the model.  I'm curious whether you noted the same
thing, or are describing a different phenomenon.

Steve
swann at plutonia.com