OFF: Masters of Reality / Karma to Burn

Sun Sep 12 16:26:59 EDT 1999

On Mon, 6 Sep 1999, bart wrote:

> PS: I notice a big stack of the debut by Unida (John Garcia's new band) in
> HMV. Any comments ?

        Not speaking on my own account here, since all my info is
second-hand, but I believe this is not the debut - something with the name
`Warren G' in the title was, and there's a split CD with Lowrider on Man's
Ruin. Opinion on the stonerrock-list which I inhabit also states that
these are a bit sub-par, haven't-got-a-sound-yet, just-John-Garcia's-
backing-band kind of thing, but that the new one, `Coping With the Urban
Coyote' is better than this and in fact good full-out fuzzed blues rock in
a southern/desert style.

        Hope that helps, yours,
                                Jon