HW: Badam 99 off again

Nick Lee nick.lee2 at VIRGIN.NET
Sun Sep 12 05:22:36 EDT 1999

Just been to the Badam 99 website (www.badam99.freeserve.co.uk/) , the
following statement has been posted:

BADAM Restructuring

BADAM '99 was established on the back of the success of BADAM '98 when we
received the first outdoor Festival licence in the area for 24
years. One thousand attended a trouble free event and the basis was in place
for this year. We intimated our intention at the end of BADAM '98
to hold a Festival for 5,000 at Great Low Farm on 31st July and 1st August
1999. The site was one the Police suggested to us and the date was
51 weeks later. Detail was in accordance with Home Office Literature but
despite regular contact, meetings and correspondence, BADAM's
application did not receive, when it mattered most, support we had enjoyed
and anticipated from the Police. Subsequently we were refused a
licence - conditional or otherwise 8 days prior to the Festival.

The decision to go ahead and try and offer a replacement event in September
was an attempt to instil some of the fun and belief from the original
Festival. However, too many people wanted refunds - not enough people wanted
an exchange - not enough people took up the new ticket offer.
These and other variables conspired to prevent the reschedule from
happening.

It is our full intention to refund every ticket purchased. Monies are both
owed and owing and we wish to tidy this situation up as quickly as
possible. In the meantime - for every ticket sold, holders will be able to
claim two complementary tickets for BADAM 2000. Announcements will
not be made until an administrator examines our finances and options.
Updates will be posted out on 30th September and 22nd October.

We thank you for your continual support and understanding believing that, in
spite of circumstances beyond your control, we can still give you
something to smile about.